Fusion envisions democratizing banking with its cloud-native and API first approach. Being built on the top of Zeta’s banking stack, fusion APIs cater to the entire account lifecycle right from issuance to the transactions enabling the fintechs to provide customizable and flexible solutions as per their project needs.
Zeta’s banking stack has a modular core banking system and an issuance platform. Banks and fintechs can build unique products and experiences on this stack. These products can be prepaid products, savings products, credit products, and so on.
Using Fusion, presently the fintechs can issue physical and virtual cards to their Account Holders or the users. These cards can be issued over the payment networks namely, MasterCard, Visa, and Rupay. The differentiator between the physical and the virtual cards lies in the fact that the latter can be used for e-commerce or online transactions only.
After successfully creating a card order and subsequently issuing it to the Account Holders, fintechs can manage the following attributes or lifecycle of the card:
- Set/Reset card PIN
- Deactivate card
- Delete card
- Replace card
Fusion provides an exhaustive limits and controls framework to the fintechs. Using this framework, fintechs can configure rules like:
- Allow or disallow certain types of transactions, for example, disallow ATM withdrawals.
- Block transactions beyond certain limits, for example, limit fuel expenses to INR 2000 per month.
- Block transactions at specific businesses, for example, disallow transactions at bars and clubs.
Fintechs can apply such transaction controls for accounts, account holders, products, or a group of products.
Webhook is a notification system that allows you to receive alerts and notifications about important business process flows. You can subscribe to various accounts and transaction-related events and take necessary actions when they occur.
For example, notifying an account holder about a payment failure (using SMS/email) when a transaction at an apparel store declines due to the insufficient balance.
Interceptors are HTTPS endpoints with the extra functionality of returning a response. A fintech can intercept a payment request going out to a merchant on a particular card network, and based on its risk system’s logic and policies, direct Fusion to either approve or reject the request.
For example, you can intercept a cash withdrawal request and block the transaction. Another classic use case is Just-in-Time (JIT) funding, where you can assess a payment request from a user and decide to fund the account in real-time so that the transaction succeeds.
To manage the program, a fintech requires different tools and platforms for their internal teams to manage and run the program with fusion.
- Payment Simulator: Tool for the developers working with Fusion APIs to try out card transactions in a testing environment.
- Report Center: Reconcile and gain insights into all your reports accessible through one dashboard.
- Support Center: Respond and resolve support queries and service requests from your customers.
- Performance Center: monitor the integration health in terms of success and failure responses, error codes, response durations, response rates, SLAs and logs.
- Power Center [Beta]: Data visualisation tool for the fintechs to understand and receive business insights and metrics with regards to usage, engagement, retention and user behaviour across their programs with fusion.
- App Center [Beta]: Setup and manage your mobile applications and provide customized experiences to your customers.
- Token Management [Beta]: Tool to manage the tokens for the program–
- Generate and manage tokens for your program
- keep a track of expiry and renewal of the tokens.
- Opt in Token expiry reminder notifications.
- User Management [Beta]: Interface that allows back office / management console admins to better manage their accesses and permissions of various other users of their respective orgnaization / fintech users with respect to all the applications present in Fusion management console along with Management console itself.
- Developer Support [Beta]: A single interface for the the developers to raise tickets, and to keep a track of all the tickets raised, status & ETA for resolving tickets.
Contact Zeta Support for more information on the back office applications.